12.31.2010

...and a Happy New Year!


Well, I had a great time visiting my brother in Susanville this Christmas. We had a lot of fun quoting our favorite Christmas movie lines, like from Elf... "You're not Santa!... You smell like beef and cheese!... You sit on a throne of lies!" Hahaha. Plus it snowed! A real White Christmas!However, it is always so bittersweet. We laugh together and cry together but then we leave, which is the hardest part. Fortunately we got to be together... even if it was just for a few hours.


And now, as I sit on my couch plauged with Strep Throat and a temperature of 103 I am pondering my inevitable "resolutions" for 2011. While I usually tend to focus on the physical (loose 20 pounds, establish a significant savings, get out of debt), I am thinking that this year I would like to look at this from a different angle...


In 2011 I would like to focus on growing in areas of weakness in my life. I resolve to grow in contentment, patience, wisdom and discipline. As I petition the Lord to grow me in the areas, and as I follow His moving in my life, I am anxious to watch Him grow me into a woman more like Him.


"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5


May you all be blessed in the upcoming year.

:: COMING UP ::

JOIN ME IN 2012 !!!!!


Ethiopia
Gamo Goffa region :: June 7- June 18, 2012


Ecuador
Porto Viejo :: June 29- July 7, 2012


For more information on these trips contact me at:
Katie.brown@e3partners.org